We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter business and technical decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in defining and applying data mining/analysis techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high quality prediction for the behaviour and failure of our products.
You must have strong experience using a variety of advanced data mining/ analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You must have a proven ability to drive product development results with their data-based insights. You must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders within international and functional teams.
Your training will start with the first year in Germany (Jülich) under the guidance of R&D to understand in full detail our processes, products and databases. After the first year, you will continue working in the Netherlands (Almelo), whilst becoming acquainted with the engineering and manufacturing processes.
Also after the first year, you will regularly travel to Jülich and potentially other ETC sites as part of running data analytics projects.
Your activities are as follows
- Mine and analyse statistical data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of failure analyses of products and product development.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Use predictive modelling to estimate future product behaviour.
- Doing ad-hoc statistical analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop statistical processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
What do you bring
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience working with and developing data architectures, creating datasets, combining data sources, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- A drive to learn and master new statistical technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or other equivalent fields, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with Microsoft .NET (VB.NET, C#)
- Oracle and MS SQL databases and query languages
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, etc.
- Experience in creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience in visualizing/presenting data for stakeholder, such as PowerPoint
- English langue skills (C1-level). German and French langue skills are not mandatory but an advantage.
- Interest in travelling and openness to other cultures.
As an employee within ETC Nederland you will have a nice workplace and a good future at a healthy and modern High-Tec company. There is a collegial working atmosphere where respect for each other and teamwork are important.
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions.
- Salary in line with the market, depending on your age and experience, travel allowance, Collective Labor Agreement Grootmetaal Metalektro, pension scheme via Pensioenfonds PME, 27 vacation days and 13 ATV days.
- Personal growth and development. We not only invest in machinery, but also invest in our people by training and courses. We also like to think along with you! Your interests and what you want are looked at.
- Compensation in health insurance.
- We think that the health of our employees is very important. You will also receive a monthly contribution of 113% gross for your health insurance!
- A nice annual bonus! Objectives are set annually and reviewed during the year. ETC Nederland organizes special days dedicated to a goal on safety/security
- There is a team budget set for each employee to participate in team building exercise once a year
- A staff association that provides the best monthly outings! Think of going to the casino, sports activities, company visits, workshops and the annual large staff party.
- Sports with your colleagues! There is a weekly bootcamp in which you can participate!
Bedrijfsprofiel ETC Nederland
ETC is an innovative technology company committed to the safe, competitive, and sustainable delivery of enrichment technology services and energy solutions to our customers. Our expertise lies in the design and delivery of high quality manufacturing, engineering and technology solutions for the needs of today's and future global energy market. Thanks to many years of experience in the nuclear sector, ETC's business activities focus on two areas:
- Producing ultra-gas centrifuges, the most efficient technology for producing enriched uranium as a fuel for nuclear energy production.
- Supplying advanced high-tech solutions, manufacturing high-tech products and providing services such as design engineering for customers in the aerospace industry, semiconductor and textiles, packaging & printing industry.
At ETC, we believe that reducing CO2 emissions is important for the environment. We support our customers in their efforts to achieve a cleaner environment by applying our technical knowledge in R&D, engineering and manufacturing, which has been accumulated over decades.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!