This role will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on customer specific releases of our embedded and data driven software solutions. The position will include being involved in the specification and development of software applications as well as direct integration support including onsite technical support with our customers ‘at key times’ in the development and deployment of the projects. The Embedded Software Engineer will also be responsible for communicating with customers and to other members of the development and deployment teams so that all issues are clearly understood and customers’ expectations are managed.
Position includes software development of the core products and services as well as providing direct and indirect customer support of those products.
As member of the software development group –
- Support of new feature implementations and product releases.
- Manage customer deployment tasks in online project management system.
- Issue/bug resolution and sustaining support of existing releases.
- Generate and validate customer/platform specific SDK’s.
- Assist customers with integration of the SDK’s within their products.
- Participate in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed architecture, defects, enhancements and other issues.
- Work with and maintain automated build and test framework.
- Understanding of software development life cycle.
- Maintain and publish detailed build test strategies, test plans, test cases and test reports.
- Work directly with FAE and Product teams to support.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
The Embedded Software Engineer is a member of the global software team and will report to the local Software Engineering Manager in Enschede.
- Energetic and a natural innovator.
- Solid experience in Android development, preferably in Android platform development (AOSP, Android TV)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3-5 years’ experience development in the following programming languages: C/C++ and Java.
- Experience with the following RF technologies: BLE, RF4CE, ZigBee.
- Experience with the following technologies: Web Services and JNI.
- Experience with Android and Linux platforms.
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues.
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle.
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals.
- Experience with creating and executing software build scripts.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience working with international colleagues or clients.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer and UEI sites within the US, EU and Asia.
- Ruby, Wi-Fi, HTML 5, iOS and Windows 8/10 experience is a plus.
- Experience with automated test frameworks, and technical documentation is a plus
- Experience and knowledge with embedded devices; TV, STB, Game platforms is a plus
Nice to have
- Development experience in C# and Objective C.
- 3-5 years’ experience developing software for consumer products and embedded environments.
As Embedded Software Engineer – you are part of a global organization – a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow throughout the global organization.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics (UEI) is an innovative world leader in sense and control technology for the smart home. Our vision is beyond the connected home, a smarter home where technology is our friend.
UEI’s embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment and smart home electronics. We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments. In January 2019 we introduced a digital assistant platform for the smart home environment.
From our European HQ in Enschede we with major OEM’s for STB’s OTT’s, mobile phones, tablets, TVs, and other consumer electronics products in EMEA.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Universal Electronics in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000