Sensata Technologies is developing and producing pressure sensors and pressure- and temperature sensors for various automotive applications. Car manufacturers today are faced with increasing challenges. Technological requirements are continuously stepped up, because of the demand for performance, safety, efficiency and clean emissions. With our innovative products we strive to contribute to an environmentally friendly industry. We are looking for a new colleague for the position of (Senior) Design Engineer in Hengelo.
You will be responsible for the design and development of pressure sensors for the automotive industry. You will find solutions for customer needs and specifications and you will be responsible to translate these into robust and affordable sensors designed for large scale production. You are responsible for the technical product, from the first customer contact until bringing the product to mass production. The job offers a tremendous potential to learn, develop yourself and demonstrate leadership in your tasks. You will work in an international environment and deal with international customers – automotive OEMs, Tiers and suppliers. You will report to the Design Engineering Supervisor.
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
- You are going to work in international project teams on design of sensors and you will be (co-) responsible for the progress of your projects.
- You are the focal point for your customers and/or suppliers on a regular basis.
- You are responsible for designing our products (using automotive product development processes) that are manufacturable and meet the stringent automotive quality requirements
- You will define the product test strategy and oversee design and product validation programs.
- You will work with a cross-functional team with team members from other disciplines such as Marketing & sales, Process Engineering, Purchasing, Supplier Quality Engineering, Project Managers and Production Plants etc.
What is your background?
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree (or a Master’s Degree) in Engineering with specialization in Electrical, Mechanics, Physics or Electro Mechanics-Mechatronics.
- You have prior experience in a Design Engineering position in our Industry or a similar Industry.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are a must. Some knowledge of Dutch is preferred; German and/or French is an advantage.
- Experience with (sensor) component design, customer / supplier interaction and project work.
- Experience of electronics / electrical circuits is an advantage.
- Experience with engineering tools like DFMEA and DFSS is preferred
- Experience with automotive processes such as APQP, 8D and PPAP is preferred.
- Able to travel abroad to our sites and to our customers.
We offer you a highly competitive salary, holiday days and career in an international environment with growth opportunities in our company. Besides that, we will train and develop your (technical) knowledge and (soft) skills.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Bedrijfsprofiel Sensata Technologies Holland BV
Sensata Technologies is the world’s leading supplier of sensors and controls across a broad range of markets and applications. Sensata manufactures innovative engineered sensors and electrical protection devices for automotive, HVAC, aerospace and industrial marketplaces. Our sensing and protection solutions improve safety and efficiency for millions of people every day.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice
Sensata Technologies is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. Sensata's products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
We are a rapidly growing company with $3.3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 12 countries and more than 22,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.