Sales Manager EMEA– Automotive business
Under the direct supervision of the North Europe Senior Sales Manager, this position is responsible for leading the European sales strategy and activities related to the DAF customer. In addition, the Sales Manager is responsible for managing all customer programs that revolve around pricing, revenue growth, profitability, design, and customer satisfaction.
Your key deliverables:
- Serve as / lead a member of a cross-functional customer interface team to insure a high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness to customer needs
- Lead the development of the regional customer strategy for both the annual profit and five-year strategic plan
- Provide input into the description, qualification, and recommendations of growth opportunities for new product and systems
- Contribute to the development of pricing and commercial terms and conditions
- Gather competitive information that project product / platform trends / directions
- Manage cost reduction programs to support customer cost reduction initiatives while maintaining internal profitability targets
- Deploy the Customer Relationship Review (CRR) process and assist in developing action plans to improve customer satisfaction performance
- Assist with the resolution of all open (Days Sales Outstanding) DSO issues
- Act as a point of contact for commercial warranty issues, quality issues, and customer complaints
Market and Customer Knowledge:
- Use fact-based detailed understanding of competitors and customer needs and decision process to help Marketing build robust actionable segmentation
- Use segmentation and patterns to better understand specific needs and profitability of customers and our position relative to competition
- Understand that customer economics goes well beyond acquisition costs
- Apply our products/services to the customer's value chain so that both organizations' revenue and margin are enhanced
- Leverage sponsors and coaches to influence decision-makers in support of our offering. Take actions to counteract anti-sponsor's influence against our offerings
Value Proposition Design & Communication:
- Complete a unique offering for the customer that will contribute to improved profitability by involving all relevant operations and engaging with complementary providers as required
- Clearly define how we can make the functional, process and relationship benefits of our offering to customers a lower total cost of ownership proposition as opposed to working with our competitors
- Engage various levels of the customer in a discovery process that demonstrates how our offering positively impacts their economics
- Educated at Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Engineering, Business or other approved discipline?
- Coming with 7-10 years of sales experience in the Automotive industry?
- Possessing financial acumen (P&L, Cost estimating and Pricing)?
- Ready to travel up to 50% of the working time?
- Fluent in Dutch and English languages?
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2019 sales of $21.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Eaton. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!