We could say the ‘developer experience’ is as important as the ‘user experience’. We need someone to take the lead in this, including making a developer.readid.com website in which developers can find everything they need on the APIs, but also technical material for security and other roles with our customers can find what they need. Of course, they will be more channels towards developers and other support options that need to be provided.
It is important to realize is that we are a B2B company, and do not provide support to end users. I.e., we give 2nd or 3rd line support. We do not have a dedicated person for this yet, you have plenty of opportunity to shape your own job. Actual handling of support tickets will remain a distributed responsibility, which you’ll take part but will be a part-time responsibility.
- Take the lead for the ‘developer experience’ including developer.readid.com.
- Coordinate and edit the material on in, including API documentation, tech guides, admin guides, FAQs, sample code and whitepapers. The actual documentation will often be produced by colleagues.
- Monitor and screen incoming support request (mostly web or email), mostly from developers. Answer or redirect to appropriate colleague.
What do we expect?
- Generalist development knowledge, especially REST, Java/Android and SWIFT/iOS
- Relevant education at professional/academic level, e.g., computer science or software engineering.
- Experience with mobile, security and cloud.
- Communicated well, in writing, by phone/video-call and face2face
- Fluent in English, preferably also Dutch
- Depending on seniority and ambition, the role is more lead or more contributing.
ReadID is software with APIs. ReadID consists of two parts: ReadID MRZ and ReadID NFC. ReadID MRZ makes it possible to scan the so-called Machine Readable Zone of ePassports and similar using our own machine learning-based Optical Character Recognition technology.
ReadID NFC verifies the authenticity of passports and similar identity documents by reading the RFID chip embedded in these documents using the NFC capability of common Android and iOS smartphones. ReadID can be used in face2face use cases, e.g., by police officers in the street, or online, e.g., for mobile consumer onboarding for banks. ReadID is integrated by our customers in their own apps and backend systems using APIs.
ReadID is available in two versions: client-only and SaaS. Both versions include the ReadID SDK: client-side libraries with an API that enables our customers to build their own app. We host ReadID SaaS as public cloud (primarily AWS). We have a ready-to-use version of ReadID as well, called ReadID Ready, for customers that do not want to develop their own apps. We are strong believers in automation, automated testing, continuous integration and DevOps, and use state-of-the-art technologies for this.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Developer Support Engineer. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!