Stage Title: Test automation and system emulation
Start date: February 2021
Stage duration: 6 months
- Improve current automation framework.
- Transform 100% of current (paper) test steps into automated procedures to maximize test coverage
- Build virtualized medical systems and expand current limited hardware emulation where needed.
- Create an environment to deploy new software on multiple virtual systems running test in parallel.
- Integrate and expose the test results into the current Jenkins build environment.
The current situation
While a lot of work goes into analyzing, designing and implementing applications, testing the result is just as important to get a quality product. Since it is practically impossible to test ‘everything’, a limited set of tests is defined that is considered sufficient. For large projects, it may even take days to complete this limited set, so usually a subset is used with the release, especially when releases are released regularly. The risk of this approach is that errors are not found and cause malfunctions in practice.
With the results of your work, we will be able to increase automated test coverage, have a more robust test framework that can run many test when required in parallel so total test duration can be minimized and we have the capability to test different system configurations.
The ultimate goal is that every commit/check-in (trunk/branch) will result in a test run with maximum test coverage reporting newfound issues.
Are you the intern who:
- Like to work with C#/WPF, GUI, frameworks
- Investigate current limitations in design of test automation framework (Ranorex)
- Likes to Virtualize/emulate the current medical system
- Likes working in a small software develop team, where ideas can be realized soon.
- Bachelor / academic
- C# experience
We have a nice opportunity for a student to learn and experience the working in a world-class medical device company.
The team you will work in is a combination of Demcon and Finapres software engineers, in this team you can expect good support and be able to discuss your findings. There is no detailed roadmap in test automation structure, which creates a lot of freedom but also responsibilities.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of DEMCON. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!