The tool is actively used in multiple projects. Several improvements are suggested by the project members:
- Protocol update
- The custom protocol that is used by the Embedded Debugger was developed for serial typed busses. This means that when the Embedded Debugger is used over e.g. UDP, start and stop bytes are not required. The protocol needs be updated to allow more communication interfaces to use it.
- C / C++ library
- The debug-protocol is simple and the embedded code (C/C++) has a small footprint. The current library has some limitations which need improvement. Furthermore it is based upon one embedded platform, which should be expanded.
- Parsing compiler memory-map
- The concept of the EmbeddedDebugger allows full data access to any written code, without that code containing any debug-code. For this concept to be fully exploited, we need to parse the memory-map as generated by the compiler.
- Continuous integration
- Github allows continuous integration (testing and building after commit), which means that an engineer does not have to build certain parts of the tooling to get to work. This needs to be added for both the C#/.Net application and the Embedded library.]
- GUI update
- The current GUI contains some flaws and bugs. Some parts such as the plotting environment are not very “snappy”. The student could perform some research into what the best ways are to improve this GUI.
The student will be supervised by engineers from the software engineering department.
You are the intern we are looking for if you can identify with the following characteristics:
- HBO or WO background (University of applied sciences or university) in software engineering or another related field
- Currently living in the Netherlands
- Some working experience in the Netherlands is a plus but not necessary
- Eye for detail, precise and curious
- Passion for technique
DEMCON is a high-end technology supplier of products and systems, with as focus areas high-tech/medical/industrial/embedded systems. DEMCON is a fast-growing business that supports clients with a wide range of competencies. As a system supplier, DEMCON can meet the entire needs of its clients, from proof of principle, prototype and pre-production to serial production. In more than 20 years, the business has grown to become the DEMCON Group (with more than 300 employees in 2017).
Mechatronics is the multi-disciplinary specialism of DEMCON, which means that mechatronic systems engineering is the key discipline, the ‘mechatronic conscience’ within DEMCON. There are also strong disciplinary departments that combine the knowledge and competencies in their fields. Together, they are responsible for conceiving and developing innovative concepts and creative solutions for the design challenges of the clients.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of DEMCON. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!