Managing strategic customer accounts with direct customer interface to drive quality improvement, responding to customer issues with crisp communication, and providing strong problem solving skills are critical to the position. The Engineer will interact with others globally while traveling occasionally to customer locations and other Sensata international sites. Sensata offers a unique opportunity to engineer products and to get them to the market. The Customer Quality Engineer will work with other engineers and technical colleagues in a team environment to manage key customer accounts for Quality. The Engineer will lead and solve problems with products for key customers. It is a tremendous opportunity for a mechanical, or process engineer with strong technical and communication skills to impact the customer satisfaction of leading companies worldwide, analyze Quality data to make informed decisions, and communicate the end result in a professional environment. The Customer Quality Engineer manages several customer accounts in all aspects of Quality and continuous improvement.
Specific tasks include:
- Developing a strategy to manage specific customer accounts
- Leading the Sensata team to quickly resolve customer quality issue.
- Working with customers to satisfy their requirements
- Understanding customer specific requirements
- Leading and/or participating in quality teams and reviews.
- Reporting of quality metrics to the local and global teams.
- Utilize traditional and advanced Quality planning tools
- Setting quality goals and improvement plans
- Documenting and working with lessons learned
- Reviewing and improving Control Plans
- Working with production sites to drive manufacturing improvements.
- 8D/Corrective action management for customer quality issues
- Supporting new business opportunities and new product development programs
- Supporting Change Manage Programs
- Quarantine poor quality material in warehouse.
- Reduce Cost of Poor Quality
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- 2 - 5 years experience in Mechanical, Design, or Process Eng
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Strong customer interface experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Strong planning, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to lead people and work with international teams
- Fluent in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is essential.
- Strong skills in analysis of data
- Experience with some common tools used in this role, include PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, and 8D methodology, 5 Why Analysis, Ishikawa (ie Fishbone) diagrams.
- Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint)
- 10-15% travel expected (domestic and international)
- Written and verbal communication skills in other European languages.
- Background in Process Engineering
- Knowledge of the new product development process
- Six Sigma training
- Lean training
- Design for Manufacturability
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) certification
- Contract review
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environments
- Familiarity with Oracle and/or Trackwise is beneficial.
Bedrijfsprofiel Sensata Technologies Holland BV
Sensata Technologies is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. Sensata's products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
We are a rapidly growing company with $3.3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 12 countries and more than 22,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Sensata Technologies. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!