You will create models and drawings, maintain the turbine assembly and CAD documentation and will be responsible for a number of components of the wind turbine.
The CAD Engineer is part of the CAD team which is part of the Mechanical Engineering Department.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Create/update models and drawings for main turbine components and assemblies
- Check drawings of team members and keep the quality level of the CAD team high and uniform level
- Single point of contact for some wind turbine components, including supplier contacts, specifications, quaility audits, certification support, field support
- Create images and pictures for manuals and presentations
- Trouble shooting on the wind turbine
- Highschool: Preferably VWO (or HAVO)
- Diploma: BSc or MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a closely related discipline
- CAD modelling experience with:
- Sheet metal parts
- Welded parts/weld symbols
- Casted parts
- Experience with GRP parts is beneficial
- Liasing with suppliers
- 3+ Years of relevant working experience
- Preferably experience with:
- Wind energy
- Material knowledge: Steel, Stainless Steel, Castings, GRP
- defining and calculating dimensional and geometrical tolerances and tolerance chains
- The candidate must have good organizational and communication skills and must be able to work within an international, multi-disciplinary team
- Strong sense of responsibility and a good understanding of daily priorities
- Self-starter and pro-active attitude
- Highly motivated
- Software skills
- Experience in SolidWorks 2013 or higher is a must
- Experienced in Microsoft Office 2010 or higher is a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English (Fluently written and spoken)
- Dutch (beneficial)
- German (beneficial)
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of 2-B Energy. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!