Additive Manufacturing (AM), or 3D Printing, is nowadays becoming commonplace in education, research and industry. The flexibility of its use has seen application in most major manufacturing sectors, including automotive, aerospace and medicine. Numerous technologies are now emerging that point to AM part being made with increasing levels of complexity, including multi-material constructs. We are looking to strengthen our team in fundamental AM research by exploring the boundaries of current AM technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated assistant professor to strengthen our research portfolio in additive manufacturing. This position will focus on developments at the cutting edge of technology to propose new directions for multi-material AM. This can include either metals or polymers and relate to process parameters, materials science or engineering design. You will be expected to work within a growing team of AM-focused researchers and to relate your work to the manufacturing industry sector through the University of Twente Fraunhofer Project Centre. Your teaching tasks will contribute to the educational programs in Mechanical Engineering on bachelor, master and doctorate level.
- You hold a PhD in technical sciences;
- Your research expertise is in the field of Additive Manufacturing with particular knowledge of process optimization and control, multi-material and multi-objective topology optimization, multi-material and multi-phase materials science or engineering. Such work can be theoretical, experimental or numerical modelling based.
- You are an excellent researcher, eager to learn and to improve;
- You have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivate student-learning;
- You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this;
- You flourish in a collaborative environment;
- You have a good network with related industries and the wider research community;
- Your communication skills in English are excellent.
You will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A gross salary between € 3.255 and € 5.656,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 1 or 2);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.