Within the Faculty of Science and Technology (S&T), the research clusters of Nano Electronic Materials & Thin Films and Applied Nano Photonics are joining forces in the search for an enthusiastic
Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Experimental Opto-Electronics.
The energy consumption of the worldwide ICT infrastructure has been growing for decades and shows no sign of slowing down. In order to reverse this trend, it is of utmost importance to find novel energy-efficient ways to process and store data.
We seek to attack this challenge by devising new nanostructures and materials for opto-electronic data manipulation. Examples include single-photon transistors, electrically driven quantum plasmonic switches, memristive technologies and topological quantum photonic circuits. These devices often depend critically on quantum-electronic and quantum-optical principles.
In this endeavor, we have a vacancy for an Assistant/Associate professor in a tenure track position with a track record of experimental research on advanced electronic and/or nanophotonic materials, as well as device physics of relevance for energy-efficient information processing.
The University of Twente provides an excellent environment for this research. It has a world-class cleanroom with state-of-the-art nanofabrication and characterization technologies. Materials physics, electronic devices and nanophotonics are among the key focus areas in our Applied Physics department. There is an active quantum research community at the UT. Novel concepts for low-power information technologies are being developed, in part inspired by the brain (the UT Brains Centre). Monolithic and hybrid integration of active and passive integrated photonic components is an important research topic in Twente.
As an Assistant/Associate Professor:
- Your main activities will be in research and teaching, a reduced teaching load in the first years is the norm;
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- We strongly encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this positon;
- You have an existing track record in this field of expertise shown by publications in high rank journals or strong evidence of high research potential;
- Proven capability in attracting research funding;
- You are a team player;
- Good teaching skills, willingness to take the University Teaching Qualification;
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students);
- Good communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch);
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- You will be appointed fulltime in a temporary position with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to €5656,-(scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programs. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we particularly invite women to apply
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button kom je terecht op de site van de UT. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kun je niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden. Wil je ons daarmee helpen en ons een bericht sturen als een link niet meer werkt?
Wil je op de hoogte blijven van andere interessante vacatures in Twente? Schrijf je dan in hier in!