Do you live and breathe the agile way of working? Then you are the person we are looking for! As our Agile Coach, you will further implement agile ways of working and create an agile culture at Thales Netherlands. This means finding the most proper and suitable implementation and use of agile methodologies, training the business on agile ways of working, coaching squad members on hard and soft skills, promoting a collaborative way of working and establishing agile leadership. To make this possible, you will steer and support the ISD squads in continuously improving their agile performance aimed at ensuring short, fast paced development cycles that result in added customer and business value.
What will you do:
- Be an advocate and a spokesperson for the use of agile methodologies, implementing the best fit for Thales Netherlands;
- Coach squads and individual team members on how to adopt agile methodologies;
- Teach squads and development teams on how to generate value out of hands-on agile rituals and processes;
- Develop standards, requirements, roles and tools to support agile processes;
- Coach business members and ISD engineers on improving their hard and soft skills fitting their job requirements;
- Continuously advise on the most suitable agile team structures, promoting changes if necessary;
- Be a sparring partner for the ISD leadership team.
- At least 3 years work experience in an Agile environment;
- You have a strong understanding of Scrum and KanBan, preferably from work experience in an agile role;
- You have a proven track record as an Agile Coach or Scrum Master and have a hands-on mentality;
- You are patient and have strong communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- You have a feeling for coaching and are not afraid of change management;
- You are a natural servant-leader and a promoter of collaboration and self-organization;
- You have good skills and knowledge of conflict resolution, continuous improvement and increasing transparency;
- You have a good verbal and written proficiency in Dutch and English.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
With 80.000 talents working in 68 countries, we are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security. In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
About the team
The IT department (ISD) provides IS/IT services for all employees of Thales Netherlands.
We aim to provide best in class service to our colleagues and user experience is one of our key topics, this is reflected by our mission “Providing secure access to Thales information in one-click”.
With our team of 70 high skilled and motivated professionals we have embraced agile working 3 years ago and our culture statement is “Feeling Proud Together”.
We are a learning organization and strive for continuous improvement. To support the growth of our Agile skills (way of living) we have created a new position for an Agile Coach.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!