The main responsibility of the Aerothermal engineer is to execute R&D Projects in the areas of combustion, aerodynamics, performance and heat transfer within our product and technology development programs. The Aerothermal engineer is expected to perform both experimental and numerical tasks.
The main responsibilities are:
- Performing experimental test campaigns using the combustor test facility and the full-scale engine test facility
- Analyzing test data and make recommendations
- Developing tools and methods (1D, 2D) for gas turbine combustion, heat transfer and performance calculations/designs
- Performing CFD simulations related to gas turbine combustion and aerodynamics
- Performing mechanical design of (prototype) components and systems
- Writing of technical reports
- Participating and presenting in gate review meetings
- MSc in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace engineering with a MEng, MSc or equivalent
- Background in one or more of the following: CFD, combustion, heat transfer and/or gas turbine performance
- Experience from experimental work and instrumentation are an advantage
- Knowledge about gas turbines is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential
- Important competences are:
- Innovation mind-set
- Team spirit
- Can-do mentality
OPRA’s products are high tech and our markets are global and exciting. You will be working in a team of qualified and enthusiastic people from various disciplines and of many different nationalities. Fast decision making, short connections, innovation on every corner.
- A competitive remuneration package;
- You will join our pension plan;
- The opportunity to further develop within our company.
Bedrijfsprofiel OPRA Turbines
OPRA Turbines develops and manufactures advanced, clean, low emission gas turbine generating sets based on our own patented technology. Our key markets are 1.5-10 MW power generation solutions for oil and gas, marine and industrial customers. OPRA gas turbines are used for various applications such as power generation at oil fields, combined heat and power and waste-to-energy.
Recently we opened our brand-new site in Hengelo, the Netherlands, located at the High-Tech Systems Park. Our Research & Development department is responsible for the execution of product and technology development projects in the field of gas turbines, control systems and auxiliary systems.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Opra Turbines. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.