Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS), the Department of Mathematics has vacancies for 5 Assistant/Associate Professors (f/m) in the areas Computational Science (CS), Data Science (DS) and Operations Research (OR).
Within these identified focus areas we especially aim to strengthen the department in:
- Mathematics of uncertainty quantification (CS)
- Statistical theory for machine learning methods (DS)
- Statistics for complex data structures (DS)
- Optimization with distributed and uncertain data (OR)
- Optimization & Learning (OR)
AS AN ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
- You develop your own identity as a mathematician. You are expected to attract national or European research grants to support your research line;
- You are actively involved in teaching and contribute to the development of our curriculum;
- You give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- Young staff members spend the first five years of their time 1/3 - 2/3 on teaching and research; in other cases the division is 50/50.
- You hold a PhD in Mathematics;
- You have an existing track record in research in one of the relevant areas, shown by publications in high rank journals or otherwise strong evidence of high research potential;
- You have good communication skills and are an inspiring teacher;
- You have obtained (an equivalent of) the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or are willing to do so;
- You have an excellent command of the English Language.
- We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position in case of a positive evaluation after two years;
- A tailored made starting package;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to € 6.738 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- professional and personal development programs; a solid pension scheme.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.