Keep informed about the latest vacancies?
Become a member of Twente.com and receive via e-mail a job alert. Fill in your profile and receive vacancies of your interest.
Technical Proposal Manager
The TPM is part of the extended Services organization for EMEA and functionally placed in Commercial Operations where he/ she is responsible for creating project designs, which are technically executable and have a correct cost calculation based on technical requirements and following all valid processes and policies. These designs, cost calculations, and resulting quotes should be competitive in the market with a level of profitability acceptable for the business.
- Translating customer received requirements into a technically executable design
- On time delivery of a quotation with all necessary documentation to fully define the technical proposal
- Maintaining and develop customer relationships from in-house mostly
- Ensure application of adequate quotation CM level and price control policies for required business profitability
- Support Sales in conducting price/technical negotiations
- Achieve a hit rate as high as possible on submitted quotations
- Maintain quotation tools and quotation databases with most updated cost information in order to secure accurate calculation
- Comply to and following internal policy 5.0, (bid control processes) without any compromises
- Submit prices and quote conditions within the framework of general guidelines, SOP’s and instructions provided by Local/Regional CommOps Teamleader and/or European CommOps Manager.
- with Sales Engineers, Requisition Engineers, Project Leaders, Sourcing, Technology Team, (Field) Service teams, Customer Service, local CommOps Team leader, EMEA CommOps leader
- Written and verbal contact with purchasers and technical specialists of the customer, as well as with product specialists and representatives of suppliers
- Experience in LV/MV quotations or - requisition or - R&D engineering or on any other role connected to design/execution/maintenance of electrical distribution/MCC equipment
- Higher (BSc.) or Mid-level Technical Education in Electronics or similar or equivalent working experience
Knowledge on a general level and in detail of:
- LV, MV systems
- MS Office knowledge
- DC systems would be additional value
- AC No- and Shortbreak Systems (UPS, STS, Genset, Gasengines) would be additional value
- Visio, AutoCAD and Eplan knowledge will be additional value
- Commercial and legal terms knowledge and experience will be added value
- Good command of the local (fluent) and English language, written and oral
- Good communication skills
- Good commercial acumen and quotation writing skills
- Strong Customer Focus. Speaks the language of the Customer
- Has a commercial instinct; understands Sales processes and Customer buying decisions
- Knows the Market and Competitors
- Experience in negotiating with customers and suppliers in a highly competitive business environment would be preferred
- Is familiar with, knows, understands and complies to the GE Values
- Responsibility for all issues that occur within her/his area of responsibility
- Knows, understands and acts to the Metrics that are used to measure performance of the Quotations Engineer
- Capable of planning and executing workload in an efficient way
- Has the right motivation and initiative to work remote and independent
- Is capable of thinking out of the box and adjusting adequately to customer and business changing needs
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and diverse environment
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!