Keep informed about the latest vacancies?
Become a member of Twente.com and receive via e-mail a job alert. Fill in your profile and receive vacancies of your interest.
Project officer earth observation science
The ITC Faculty is active in international education, in combination with research and technical consultancy in the field of geo-information science and geo-observation, including using remote sensing technologies to gather spatial information. ITC’s activities focus on knowledge sharing, the development of capacity and the support of organizations in developing countries and emerging economies. Therefore capacity building is an important part of the faculties mission.
Your main tasks are to identify project opportunities, acquire projects, acquire work for third parties, prepare project proposals and carry out account management for a well-balanced project portfolio of the EOS Department. Our focus on new projects to be acquired is on third flow of funding /contract funding.
Your other tasks are the following:
- Engage with Departmental staff on project opportunities and to stimulate interest
- Maintain external relations with key organisations and networks in the fields of interest of the Department
- Coordinate with colleagues outside the Department opportunities, challenges and strategic issues
- Provide support in responding to calls for proposals, drafting proposals, dealing with internal Faculty procedures
- Monitor the project portfolio and staff engagement; monitor balanced commitment of staff and resources
- Provide support in project management to staff
- You may share responsibility in the management of the department.
You possess an MSc in the field of Geo-informatics or Earth Observation with relevance to spatial information acquisition problems.
- You know the field of expertise of the Department
- You have project management experience
- You have networking skills, diplomatic and negotiation skills and can smoothly liaise with clients and colleagues
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
- You are willing to undertake international travel
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for two years. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3,545.- and € 5,513.- (fulltime, depending on experience and qualifications)
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
Closingdate 18 October 2018.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!