- It is necessary to ensure good health and to promote well-being for all
- We can do this by facilitating exercise and sports
Many more efforts are needed to fully eradicate a wide range of diseases and address many different persistent and emerging health issues. Health and well-being for everyone - young and old - is central to Global Goal 3. Targets vary from reducing the number of road casualties to reducing maternal mortality.
By 2030, the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected tropical diseases must have come to an end. To achieve this, more attention needs to be paid to research into vaccines and medicines. Global Goal 3 also states that more attention must be paid to the prevention and treatment of drug addictions and alcohol abuse.
- promote a healthy lifestyle;
- promote well-being;
- increase life expectancy;
- reduce child and mother mortality;
- eradicate diseases;
- tackle health problems.